DRESS AND GROOMING STANDARDS
DRESS AND GROOMING STANDARDS follow the Davis District guidelines.
All students shall be expected to comply with the dress and grooming standards.
No inappropriate form or manner of dress shall be allowed. Examples listed below include, but are not limited to:
1. Shorts are allowed, but biking, or short shorts are not. Length for shorts, skirts, and dresses must be no shorter than the middle of the thigh (regardless of leggings or tights).
2. Pajamas are not allowed except on days approved by the classroom teacher.
3. Shirts shall cover the student’s entire upper torso. All shirts, tops and dresses are required to have sleeves. Bare midriffs, sheer fabrics, visible cleavage, and bare backs are not allowed.
4. Pants that are frayed or ripped must have something underneath if the rip is above the middle of the thigh.
5. No headgear will be worn in the building, i.e., hats, bandanas, scarves, or similar items.
6. No clothing shall be worn which displays obscene or suggestive words or pictures; i.e. illegal substances, weapons, drugs,
7. Wearing of gang apparel as defined by District, police, or school policy is prohibited.
8. Students should wear their hair in a clean and well-groomed manner.
9. Extreme body piercings, of excessive size or number will not be permitted.
10. Hairstyles, clothing, makeup or accessories, which can be considered as odd or extreme, or which bring undue attention to the student, or cause a disruption in class or school are not permitted.
11. Students must wear shoes always. Slippers are prohibited.
12. Face masks/coverings must be worn in the building for the 2020-21 school year. This covering should be worn in the halls, commons, cafeteria (except while eating) and the classroom. Teachers may adjust as appropriate and as physical distancing requirements are met.
Note: The administration reserves the right to determine appropriate dress. This list is not all inclusive.