Junior High

High School


Parent Information


MyDSD allows student and guardian access to grades, lunch accounts, email, etc.

DESK Standards

You can see what your student is learning by checking the DESK Standards.

Child Abuse Prevention Training

To help prevent child abuse click on the following link: Child Abuse Training for Parents and Teachers

Free Lunch Application

To Apply for Free or Reduced Price Lunch:
1. Go to the Davis School District website at www.davis.k12.ut.us.
2. Click on my.DSD (the green teardrop) in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
3. Sign in with your guardian account (email address and password). If you do not have a guardian account, click the request for guardian account in the guardian box. You must have an email address, student ID number, and PIN number.
4. After logging in to your guardian account, click on tools, and then apply for lunch assistance.
5. Fill out the application and submit.
6. A letter will be sent via your email to notify you when your application has been processed.

School Fees Notice for Parents

*IF YOU NEED HELP IN UNDERSTANDING THIS LETTER, CALL West Point Elementary and ask for the principal, at (801) 402-2750

The Utah Constitution prohibits the charging of fees in elementary schools. That means that if your child is in kindergarten through grade six (unless your child is in grade six and attends a school that includes one or more 7-12 grades), you cannot be charged for textbooks, classroom equipment or supplies, musical instruments, field trips, assemblies, snacks (other than food provided through the School Lunch Program), or for anything else that takes place or is used during the regular school day.

If you wish to purchase school pictures, yearbooks, or similar items through the school, those costs are not fees and will not be waived. Also, if your student loses or damages school property, the costs of replacement or repair are not fees and need not be waived.

Federal law permits schools to charge for food or milk provided as part of the School Lunch Program. If you cannot afford to pay, you may be eligible for free or reduced price meals or milk. Your school will give you information about applying for free or reduced price meals and milk. All information which you provide in your application will be kept confidential.

State law and State Board of Education rules do not permit schools to charge fees for anything that takes place during the regular school day unless your child is in grade six and attends a school that includes one or more 7-12 grades! Fees may only be charged for programs offered before or after school, or during school vacations. If your child is eligible based on income verification or receives SSI payments (QUALIFIED CHILD WITH DISABILITIES), or if you are receiving TANF (currently qualified for financial assistance or food stamps) or if the child was placed in your home by the government as a foster child, the school must waive the fees. If you are having a financial emergency caused by job loss, major illness, or other substantial loss of income beyond your control, you might be eligible for a waiver even if other eligibility criteria are not met. If your local school board/charter school allows your school to charge fees, a Fee Waiver Application (Grades K-6) is enclosed. Your school will give you additional information about fee waivers if you ask.

School funds are limited, and your school may need help. As a result, the school may ask you for tax-deductible donations of school supplies, equipment, or money, but the school cannot require donations or tell anyone else the names of those who have or have not made donations (except that the school may honor those who make major donations). No child may be penalized for not making a donation. For example, if donations are used to pay for a field trip, every child must be allowed to go on the trip even though some may not have made a donation.

State law requires schools or school districts to require DOCUMENTATION of fee waiver eligibility if parent must “apply for fee waivers.” Local/charter boards will have policies and/or guidelines for determining eligibility for fee waivers.

School district/school administrators shall request documentation of fee waiver eligibility from those who apply for fee waivers if fees or charges are required for non-regular school day activities, such as after-school music or foreign language programs or Friday ski programs.

Fee waiver eligibility documentation is NOT required annually. Also, documentation shall NOT be maintained for privacy reasons. Schools may transfer fee waiver eligibility information to other schools to which students advance or transfer.

NOTE: If your district/school does not require parents in the entire district area or parents and students in specific schools or sections of the district to “apply for fee waivers,” district administrators NEED NOT require verification of eligibility under this section.

If you have questions, first talk to your school or school district representative listed below. If you still need help, contact one of the other agencies listed:
School telephone no.: (801) 402-2750 Ask for the Principal
District telephone no.: (801) 402-5258 Ask for Carolyn Roberts

Utah State Office of Education
250 East 500 South
P.O. Box 144200
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4200

Parent Guides to Student Success

The parent's guide to student success was written by teachers, parents, and education experts. It provides examples of what children should be learning and how parents can help them.

Math Parent Guides

DSD Non-Discrimination Policy

K-12 Student Accident Insurance

Worried about paying for your child’s medical care if an accident should happen?
K&K Student Accident Insurance can help.

2018-2019 Student Accident Coverage

2018-2019 Student Accident Coverage in Spanish


Health & Nursing